- Google. Software Engineer, gRPC, 2014-present.
- Purdue University. Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2009-2014.
- University of Southern California. Visiting Scholar, Information Sciences Institute. 2012-2013.
- Purdue University. Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2004-2009.
- Rice University. Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2001-2004.
- iMimic Networking. Co-founder and Senior Developer, 1999-2001.
- Rice University. Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2000.
- Thesis: Exploiting Instruction-Level Parallelism for Memory System Performance
- Advisor: Prof. Sarita Adve
- Rice University. B.S.E.E. with a focus in Computer Engineering, 1994.
Awards and Honors
- Purdue Seed for Success Award, 2013.
- Wilfred “Duke” Hesselberth Award for Teaching Excellence, 2007.
- NSF CAREER award, 2003.
- Hertz Foundation Fellow, 1994-1999
- Honorary societies: Phi Beta Kappa, Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Beta Pi
Free and Open-source Software Projects
- gRPC: gRPC Remote Procedure Calls: contributor, benchmarking lead, 2014-present
- RSIM: Rice Simulator for ILP Multiprocessors: contributor, maintainer, 1995-2000
- Spinach (simulator for programmable network interfaces): advisor, 2002-2006
- Toast (server-assisted VoD-adapted BitTorrent): advisor, 2009
- SpeakAll! (augmented communication iPad app for special-needs children): co-advisor, 2012-2014
- A. Cox, Y.C. Hu, V. Pai, V. Pai, and W. Zwaenepoel, Storage and retrieval system for web cache, US Patent Number 7,231,494, Issued June 12, 2007.
- Some details about my time as a professor: